Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Afternoons

Something about a Friday afternoon in an office makes one want to drift away.

The pace slows, people laugh and make plans for the weekend. Lunch is a social event. Outside, even the sound of traffic slows down. The smell of cigarette smoke drifts through the windows.

I just looked at my first post, too. Came a long way in writing style since then, and I'm no longer one of the blog superstars (I mean I used get 50 comments on a good day!). This is a really a place I want to be. I want to be with people who want to be around me to hear my thoughts. Or simply just to share silence.

Whatever you do this weekend, make it a GREAT one.

6 comments:

Taqo said...

Hope you had a great weekend. ;-)
(P.S. Looking back at my first entries is painful. I'd like to think that I've grown from then too! :-p)

Taqo said...

Where you at, girly?

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a nice weekend.

I, too, have learned a lot since my first post. And my writing style has changed, hopefully for the better.

As for no longer being "one of the blog superstars," it has more to do with people's lack of interest in blogging. Taqo and I have talked about it before, and it's saddening how there are hardly any Saudi bloggers anymore. It was great a few years ago, even though we had to deal with some pretty obnoxious, dimwitted bloggers who were only blogging because it was "cool to blog."

Thank you for all of your responses to the posts you seem to have missed when you were away. They always bring a smile to my face! So, what has been keeping you away from the blogsphere?

Anonymous said...

Slmz-how are you? Where you lost? Not bloggin anymore? I miss your blog!! Mrs KZN

Bassem said...

Well, the age of "superstar bloggers" have long gone. Facebook and Twitter have kicked blogging's ass!

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello again! Been a while is an understatement. Glad that you are back to blogging. It's April though now and January was 3 months back!

Lynch said...

Slmz-how are you? Where you lost? Not bloggin anymore? I miss your blog!! Mrs KZN