Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Looking back at 2011

Its not usually the time of year that I would sit back and look at what the year was about, but I decided to do it early enough this year so that I still have about a month to make the best of it!

If I do a mental reconciliation, this year has been nothing like I had envisioned at the beginning of 2011 - but when is it ever? Close to the end of this year I have met some amazing people, and did some things that surprised even myself.

Its been a great year, even better since November - thank you for making each day such a wonderful and special adventure with your presence in every waking moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You live in an imaginary world, wake up and smell the coffee. Be true to yourself and not lie to people. Tell the people who you are and don’t make up things in your head. Because personally I actually know u and what u post is completely untrue about yourself. Good luck with your lies

Anonymous said...

Good day Lamya

I find your blogs quiet interesting but yet at the same time it appears to me that you a lady of many words but no actions.
It sounds rather strange but it sounds like you live in a glass house. Lady if you going to appear living in your glass house just be prepared when the glass breaks, everybody will see the true you.
The glass will cut you and your little portrait you sketching.

Lamya said...

Dear Anonymous

I was thinking of deleting your comments, but you know, there's actually no reason to.

There's a reason why my blog is interesting - just because its online doesn't mean it has to be true, or that it is a lie.

A blog is a place where I am free to express myself, how-ever I feel that form of expression may take place. It can be the most amazing fiction I have ever written, or it can be a true account of the most intimate and heartbreaking moments of my life.

I could be a man trying to express himself through a woman's eyes, I could be a child or a transgender individual. I could be a mother, a lover, a fighter, or a b*tch. I could be neither or all of them.

This is the beauty of blogging. It is a place where people are themselves, whoever they imagine themselves to be at that moment, an escape from daily life, or maybe a prison in it..and it doesn't neccesarily mean that it all has to be your version of truth, whatever that may be.

With utmost respect,
Lamya