Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cycles..

Today, I went to my hairdresser.

She works from her home, and I prefer it that way. Commercial hairdressers have huge open windows and its not always the modest thing to do.. So I met this lady, Yolanda, and she used to do my hair whever I needed her to. No appointment required..and without fail I'd always look fabulous. She didnt live in the most savoury part of the city but..

She's the kind of person that held together her whole impoverished neighbourhood. All the children in d neighbourhood were raised by her, when their mothers were drunk, on drugs, working, or just too young to know what to do. She fed everyone that came to her door, hungry, and she never complained about the kind of life she led. She looked after the sick, and listened to everyone's problems..

Today I went to my hairdresser.. And walked into her funeral.

God bless you Yolanda, you will be sorely missed..

3 comments:

Lamya said...

yeah trevs

:(

Anonymous said...

Allah yr7amha =(

The approach you used in introducing her to us made me feel like I personally knew her, so reading about her death was a bigger shock than if you had told us from the beginning.

Lamya said...

Oh Mochhness Im so sorry, I just wanted to convey an adequate memorial post to her.. I didnt mean to shock you, Im so sorry..